2.01.2008

When Bad Movies Happen to Good People

My hero, Janeane Garofalo, is starring in a Lifetime movie. It doesn't appear to be of the Meredith Baxter Birney or Markie Post variety, the sort where some woman's husband turns out to be a murderer, or where a teenage daughter has a raging eating disorder. No, this appears to be a comedy of sorts. The synopsis on imdb.com states that, "a disgruntled music critic travels cross-country with her inheritance, a Jack Russell Terrier named Binky." This is, I think, the acting equivalent of getting a job as a greeter at Walmart. I want to cry.

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

I was surfing around blogger and landed here. Thump!

I also like Garofalo and agree that her career seems to be headed in the wrong direction.

I read your most recent posts. Good stuff!